Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
As a QA manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of QA Engineers and Analysts. In this role, you will ensure that quality is built in from the start, through the application of testing standards, the implementation of testing automation, and advocacy for a great customer experience. You will provide hands-on leadership for a growing Quality Assurance team in HBC
Tech. As our engineering organization evolves, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and you will grow the skills and capabilities of your team. You will partner with Product Owners and Project Managers to manage various projects and enhancements and maximize resource utilization.
Who You Are:
- Experienced hands-on QA leader
- An advocate of quality, process improvements and innovation
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, adaptable to change
- Collaborator in a diverse and cross-functional team
- Proficient in SDLC with Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Experienced in working through all phases of product development from requirements to implementation to release and maintenance
- Have profound understanding of test automation as well as knowledge of performance testing
- A great communicator with a strong eye for detail and a passion for great product
- Able to take on additional tasks and responsibilities in order to accomplish team, department, and company goals
- Able to build a team and ensure it performs
You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline
- Profound knowledge of SDLC and testing methodologies
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate people
- Ability to effectively assess and estimate testing effort
- Ability to diagnose problems, analyze issues, identify and evaluate options and communicate results clearly with a focus on improving process and quality results
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 8 years software testing experience
- 2 or more years of testing management or leading experience
- Extensive experience in managing complex projects
- Extensive testing background of retail applications
- Extensive experience in developing test plans, test strategies, test scenarios, test cases
- Hands-on experience with Agile project management solutions and testing tools
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Cloud based applications
- Experience with Continuous Integration build/deploy technologies and tools
As the Manager, Quality Assurance, you will:
- Lead testing team to effectively support multiple engineering initiatives
- Manage testing resources across concurrent projects with varying complexities and competing priorities
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Oversee the development and execution of test strategies and plans to ensure delivery of quality products
- Monitor and report on test execution
- Partner with cross-functional teams to align QA goals and expectations
- Facilitate dialogues with business partners to get testing performance feedback
- Identify improvement opportunities and drive to implementation
- Produce testing guidelines to reinforce adherence and compliance to company policies and standards
- Train and mentor staff to be self-sufficient and adaptive to change
- Oversee and lead development and execution of test strategies and plans
- Manage test schedules, track and monitor distribution of work and effectively communicate test progress
- Identify and mitigate project and/or test risks
- Train and mentor staff
- Identify and implement methodologies and new technologies that maximize productivity and throughput
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance