Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified
global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and
their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the
value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North
America. HBC?s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium
department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than
480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
HBC?s leading banners
across North America and Europe include Hudson?s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks
Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group
in Germany, and Belgium?s only department store group Galeria INNO.
HBC has significant
investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property
Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in
the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real
Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate
teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared
Service operations. HBC?s entrance into this market has expanded the
company?s global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India
office play an integral role in supporting HBC?s strategic plan. Bengaluru?s
workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and
accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC?s
operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and
view available positions in Bengaluru, by visitinghttp://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
The Systems Administrator, Cloudera is an experienced, professional, and energetic individual who will help successfully manage the Cloudera environment. In addition, you are required to assist other groups with implementing and troubleshooting various applications.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
As The Clourdera Systems Admin, You Will:
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ITIL/MOF practices
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP protocol as well as DNS, DHCP
- VMware virtualization technology
- Bash scripting
- Elastic Search
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure deployments and automation
- IBM / HP server software, a solid understanding of server security fundamentals and server deployment methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of various storage technologies from companies like EMC/IBM/HP
- Excellent knowledge of Web services Apache/Nginx, Tomcat, WebLogic,
- Knowledge of various database technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, and Mongo
- Knowledge of cloud hosted Hadoop Distributions, preferably cloudera.
- Troubleshooting Java applications
- Knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS protocol and caching technology such as Akamai
- Knowledge of various monitoring technologies such as New Relic and Nagios
- 8 years of experience working in a Cloudera environment
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Responsible for setup of Instances, troubleshooting, installing & support of software in lower & production environments.
- Maintains awareness and currency of technologies, software, program products, and hardware as related to Information Services.
- Evaluates the performance of installed software and hardware by utilizing available aids to monitor trends, loads and growth patterns.
- Works with various teams to help create processes to automate and streamline various repetitive tasks.
- Resolves problems and performance by careful analysis, debugging, identifying the root cause and applying corrective maintenance.
- Documents all changes following controls, procedures and documentation standards and raises issues and concerns with recommendations for follow-up action.
- Provides expertise in specific hardware, software, utilities, and productivity aids used by Information Services, and advises others on their use.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount