Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 40,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord + Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
As a Team Lead, CMS Developer, the opportunity is to engineer Oracle Retek and Central Merchandising System. In this hands-on position, the responsibility will be to design & enhance our CMS instances to support expending business capabilities.
Who You Are:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Dependable work ethic; capable of taking ownership of a task and seeing it through to completion
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing priorities.
- Be available as necessary to work after hours to support project goals and timelines including on weekends on need basis.
You also have:
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing or delivering modules related to core merchandising systems like inventory feed, product management and enrichment, safety factors etc.
- Well versed with concepts of supply chain management.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts.
- Knowledge of VB.net, C#, .Net and Java script is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of Java, J2EE.
- Well versed with concepts of Java design patterns and its best practices.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, xml, xsd, xslt & JSON Strong knowledge of relational databases. Candidate should be fluent in writing complex queries & table joins.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Batches/Cron jobs and mainframe esp would be an added advantage.
- Should have experience in designing new modules of CMS systems (either through extensions or as an independent module).
- Should have excellent debugging skills including performance tuning of applications and DB queries.
- Well versed with concepts of agile methodologies.
- Should have knowledge of complete software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge about service definition framework, JMS queues and brokers.
- Excellent understanding of various communication protocols/methodologies like SOAP, REST calls etc. Should be capable of designing and implementing new services.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing independent modules using micro-services or module as-a-service- e.g.: inventory as a service is mandatory.
- Should have experience in managing a small to mid-sized team who are capable of delivering an independent module.
- Should take complete ownership of the module starting from design and development till deployment.
As the Lead Analyst, CMS Developer, you will:
- The role involves active interaction with business partners, stakeholders, architects and engineers across the globe.
- Contribute and work hands on in all spheres of a project right from conceptualization, requirement gathering, fit gap analysis, design, and development to production implementation and support
- Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews and automated unit testing.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance