Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visitinghttp://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
As a QA Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for integrating automation and engineering tools to Quality Assurance processes as well as focusing on innovations. You will create, maintain and execute automated test scripts. You will be an integral part of the team creating new, exciting internal engineering tools and streamlining processes. You should have proven expertise of QA methodologies and best practices in delivering quality products that meet company standards. You will be working in a fast paced, collaborative Agile environment.
Who You Are:
- Flexible with working off-business hours as needed
- Able to multitask, assess and shift priorities quickly
- Must be a great communicator with a strong eye for detail and a passion for great software
- Able to take on additional tasks and responsibilities in order to accomplish team, department, and company Goals
You also have:
- Possess a minimum of 3 years cumulative software testing experience with web based and client-server applications
- Knowledgeable of different software development methodologies and QA best practices
- Proficient in a high level programming language such as C++, Java or Scala
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Able to analyze complex data sets
- Familiar with Release Management, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Integration
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Knowledgeable of mobile technologies, mobile operating systems, browsers, and mobile testing tools
- Working understanding of Context Driven approach to testing
- Good knowledge of system networking
- Knowledgeable of the various data exchange formats like CSV, XML or JSON
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code and its implementation
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Working knowledge of test management and defect tracking tools
- Experience with Agile development tools and concepts
- Experience with E-Commerce and retail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leading and facilitating skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated innovation.
- Good understanding of software testing methodologies, Release Management and software development life cycle process.
- Proficient with Windows, Mac and mobile devices.
- At least 3 years of cumulative software testing experience.
- 2 years of programming experience.
- Proficient on system testing techniques.
- Possess hands-on experience with quality/test management tools and solutions.
- Experience with any internet programming, relational and document oriented databases.
- Experience with cloud-based applications.
- Experience with open source automation tools and framework.
- Experience supporting production and pre-production environments and release management.
As the QA Engineer, you will:
- Perform testing for retail websites, native apps and internal tools in an Agile environment
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop comprehensive test plans and provide test effort estimation
- Develop and execute test scripts/cases based on business requirements, functional and technical requirements
- Design, develop and execute automated scripts using open source tools
- Integrate automated tests and tooling into quality and production support strategies
- Perform various testing types and techniques
- Coordinate QA tasks with team members
- Provide test status reports to project team, stakeholders, and managers
- Provide QA support for scheduled deployments/releases
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.