Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson?s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium?s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for ETL program design, coding, unit testing, integration testing and implementation & on-call support of ETL programs, primarily using Informatica PowerCenter & BDM / Big Data technologies (Sqoop, Hive) and Spark programming(Scala/Python/Java).
Who You Are:
- You sincerely enjoy problem-solving, and understand the value in being solution-oriented.
- Your oral and written communication skills are obviously effective and clear.
- You are comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment.
You Also Have:
- A bachelor?s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of ETL Development best practices, Strong understanding of Database Concepts, Performance Tuning in SQL and Informatica.
- Technical Skills in order of priority: Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica BDM, Strong SQL, Hadoop Programming (Sqoop, Spark, Hive),
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms and environments.
- A minimum of 4-6 years? experience in ETL Development or Support
- 1-2 years? experience with Sqoop, Spark and Hive tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex mappings and workflows in a production envrionment
- Eligibility to legally work in Canada.
As The Data Integration Hub Support, You Will:
- Performs support of ETL processes to support production processes.
- Debug, deploy Informatica mappings, SQL/stored procedures as well as data maps for PowerExchange, or Unix shell scripts.
- Debug deloy and Maintain Sqoop scripts to extract data to/from RDBMS to Hadoop.
- Manage Hive tables and queries.
- Debug, deploy and maintain Spark jobs in (Scala/Python/Java) in order to stream / publish or consume data from Hadoop.
- Performs unit testing, QA, and work with business partners to resolve any issues discovered during UAT.
- Responsible for peer-review of mappings and workflows when required.
- Maintains production environments and roles ensuring a secure and stable system
- Works with production control and operations as needed to promote mappings/workflows, implement schedules and resolve the issues.
- Reviews ETL performance and conducts performance tuning as required on mappings / workflows or SQL.
- Maintains all applicable support documentation
- Responsible for on-call rotation to support the data integration hub.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount