Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 40,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord + Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for maintaining HBC Oracle corporate database environment. The role will be focused on delivering robust, stable and reliable Oracle solutions used to promote business operations and business strategies. Work in team environment providing support for all Oracle databases, building and sharing knowledge. Obtaining Oracle EBS financial knowledge and leading team as subject matter expert for HBC Oracle financial systems.
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal to effectively operate with IT Leadership.
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery.
- Ability to work in a team environment that are geographically distributed
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies, a plus
You also have:
- 3+ years? experience as Oracle EBS Database Administrator supporting large systems
- 2+ years? experience on latest EBS release on Unix platform
- 2+ years? experience installing and patching Oracle EBS applications
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of another DBMS used at HBC.
- Teradata, MS SQL Server, and DB2.
- College degree.
As the Oracle Database Administrator, you will:
- Maintain skills in Oracle applications process design and configuration; Oracle application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; Oracle application technical architecture.
- Design, implement and deploy Oracle solutions to achieve defined business goals.
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Learn to become a subject matter expert on the Oracle DBA team. Working closely with other team members both on and off shore to fully support Oracle EBS environment.
- Work on database improvements and strategy to upgrade all Oracle databases to supported release. Participate in the future of the Oracle architecture and help develop and maintain Oracle database roadmap.
- Deliver timely and innovative solutions for HBC Oracle database environments
- Foster strong business partner relationships by communicating in easy to understand retail business terms and backup communication with actions that result in high sense of urgency and extraordinary business confidence.
- Deliver high quality results on Oracle database platform, as well as, document results, and train other team members on how to support Oracle EBS platforms.
- Drive performance through the following metrics: (1) focus on service desk ticket reduction, and reduced time to close open tickets/issues. (2) Deliver projects on time. (3) Deliver projects that consistently make user expected SLAs. (4) Deliver projects with thorough documentation and run books (easy identification of business impact of system failures). (5) Provide 24X7 on-call production support for Oracle platform. (6) Maintain backup and recovery process, including Disaster Recovery.
How Often You May Travel:
- As per business requirement
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance