What This Position is All About:
The Analyst of Fraud Analytics is responsible for supporting the team in setting up data structures, data feeds, building business intelligence dashboards and generating actionable insights to enable leadership and operations teams to take decisions to drive business outcomes. The insights and decision support provided will enable us to refine our manual review strategies, limit chargeback and reduce overall risk exposure across stores and digital banners. You will work with teams across functions and geographies to enable the data and analytics strategy for the fraud prevention function.
Who You Are:
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including and new and novel ideas
- Comfortable with change and challenging convention.
- Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
- Build Morale and spirit of the team, Shares wins and success.
You Also Have:
Insight & Reporting Delivery
- Work with teams across functions (digital & store fraud prevention, marketing, merchandising, distribution & finance), as per the defined plan, to map all data sources that enable improvement of business outcomes on fraud prevention
- Build data structures and integrated databases to ensure availability and integrity of data
- Contribute to designing and executing development of next-gen intelligent dashboards at various levels (summary to drill-downs) which provide visibility of key outcomes and enable insight generation and decision support
- Continuously work on improving predictive and prescriptive functionality in dashboards so that regular insights and analytics are automated and system-driven
- Build & maintain reporting to enable tracking of operational and functional performance and automate by using BI & visualization platforms like Micro strategy & Tableau
- Work on ad-hoc analyses supporting various hypothesis coming from the business
- Work on proof of concepts and exploratory analytics efforts to demonstrate the need for augmented or new business rules depending on observed fraud patterns
- Build predictive models to supplement pre-existing fraud mitigation strategies, for e.g. build fraud models to reduce the number of transactions that are sent to our 3rd party fraud detection algorithms
- Minimize the effort on the fraud operations/manual review team by building model driven approaches to classifying transactions (both regular and chargeback) as fraudulent
As The Analyst, Fraud Analytics, You Will:
- Graduate or above in mathematics, statistic or any quantitative discipline
- 0-2 years of experience in analytics roles, working with stakeholders across geographies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, statistical and database/data management tools like Excel, SQL, SAS/R/Python, Microstrategy/Tableau
- Experience of working on big data management & processing tools - Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Python, etc
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.