What This Position is All About:
The successful candidate will primarily focus on driving business results through the development and execution of world class analytics designed to meet evolving business needs. He/she will support HBC's strategies through the delivery of best of breed campaign management, measurement of all-channel and cross banner marketing promotions, the extraction of key analytical insights and by providing customer centric recommendations. The scope of work spans across HBC banners and includes both store and ecomm channels. The ability to think strategically about customer and business challenges and proactively propose solutions will be critical to their success. Forward thinking is the key to this role as new technologies and opportunities present themselves.
Who You Are:
- Gather and translate business requirements on key projects
- Effectively manage project assignments and documentation, including establishing and communicating overall priority and defining project scope, deliverables and timing.
- Communicate assignment status against goals ongoing.
- Generate ad-hoc reporting/customer profiling and conduct customer analysis based on various models and segmentation including demographic, behavioral and migration trends to support various HBC initiatives and inquiries by extracting financial, demographic and sales history information via HBC's customer database.
- Generate customer-profiling analysis, campaign lists and post campaign analysis in support of various marketing and other CRM initiatives.
- Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives.
You Also Have:
- 4-6 years structuring databases and manipulating large data sets
- 3+ years writing code in relevant languages (e.g. Python, Hive, SQL, Java or Scala)
- 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing analytics and database marketing.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in supporting personalization strategies for an e-commerce industry. Retail experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Master's preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to code macros in VBA a plus.
- Proven ability to apply findings to business problems to lift revenue and profits.
- Knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics).
As the Sr. Data Scientist, You Will:
- Understand business needs to define data models/algorithm needs; generating insights from complex data questions
- Ensure consistency in testing reads, tracking success criteria
- Ensure single source of truth in data
- Work collaboratively with other team members to define the advanced analytical modeling capabilities and outcomes required to enable marketing & personalization use cases
- Work collaboratively with the other Analysts, Data Engineers, and Data Architects to identify and spec the data fields and data features needed for analytical models, and adapting and testing them
- Design the test and learn / measurement approaches and techniques for newly deployed buse cases
- Work with team to build, manage and measure lifts from test and control populations
- Work with Data Engineers and Systems Specialists to operationalize models to scale use cases
- Work with other members of the Marketing and Tech teams including Data, Analytics, and Product teams to peer review code, write unit tests, and provide feedback on data structuring and modeling approaches + scalability as required
- Be a SME of all data sources such as browse, all channel transactions, product, market research, credit, loyalty and 3rd party data to drive efficiencies, maximize profitability, drive customer loyalty, and optimize promotional strategies.
- Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within advanced analytics and modeling, data mining and database marketing
- Support Customer Analytics group through ownership of specific personalization goals
- Develop fact-based strategic and tactical business plans / presentations for leadership on key marketing initiatives
- Own and manage key vendor relationships for the analytics group
- Partner closely with Product teams and IT development teams to build necessary project plans and work streams to support delivery of personalization objectives
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.