What This Position Is All About:
The Associate General Accounting & Financial Reporting is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities assigned in HBC team in support of the company's General Accounting processes. This role requires high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal customers / business partners with the global Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Financial Reporting and banner Finance teams. This individual will be responsible for the overall quality of service delivery for General Accounting team, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by the global Finance teams. The position will perform day-to-day activities as directed by the team lead including processing journal entries, period end close activities, completing account reconciliations, clearing aged line items from account reconciliations, reports, query management and variance analysis.
Who You Are:
· Processing of journal entries / accruals
· Set up / maintenance of prepaid and recurring entries
· Period end close activities, including account reconciliations
· Prepare Daily, Weekly, monthly and yearly reports
· Variance analysis for selected accounts
· Loyalty and Gift card accounting
· Query management Internal / External
· Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed a
well as build the employer brand in the community
· Support effort in building a high performing team
· Trains, coaches, mentors and work with the peer group members and extend the support to the team leader
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
The successful candidate must be a proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced environment. He/she will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to engage with stakeholders across the business and provide critical input to business teams. This individual will have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines.
B. Comm (Mandatory) or Bachelor's degree with a Finance focus
Chartered Accountant (preferred)
Shifts can vary based on organizational needs
NOTE: HBC welcomes all applicants for this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.