What This Position is All About:
The Senior Engineer, Cloud DevOps is a talented professional who is focused on solving complex business problems and supporting innovation to implement automation in the Data org. This role will build out systems to enable our HBC Technology group to operate more effectively by delivering features in an open and collaborative environment.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent IT experience
- 4+ years of software development related experience and must have 2 years' experience in cloud dev ops roles.
- Languages: Bash, Groovy, Python
- Cloud: AWS, Azure (certification preferred)
- Orchestration: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- Streaming Kafka/Akka Streams
- Optional: Chef
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, JFrog,Travis or similar
- Good to know Elasticsearch/Logstash or similar technology stack
- Solid experience is automating/scripting using READY APIs is mandatory
- Ability to communicate project needs across all business lines
- Ability to speak cross-functionally with business units and software engineering teams
- Ownership, accountability, and self-managed professional to work in a project with multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding of software project release automation
- Experience with Build/deployment/Software Configuration/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering process
- Experience with Linux/Windows systems administration, both physical and virtual systems
- Collaborate with product managers, lead engineers, software engineers and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through improved practices like automation
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Design and deliver cloud-native services and data structures that enable an exceptional user experience
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experiment with emerging technologies and build and share an understanding how they will impact what comes next.
- Experience in the design/development of Cloud Native applications and/or in the integration of existing solutions to Cloud based platforms
- Solid experience with Git and code branching/merging strategies
As The Senior Engineer, Cloud DevOps, You Will:
- Senior Engineer, Cloud DevOps / Architect is responsible for working on on-prem-to-cloud application migration projects, implementation of the hybrid cloud platform, cloud DevOps automation of large Java applications into the cloud, collaborating with the Team Lead(s) to coordinate project deliverables, interface with leadership, Group Leads, and Lead Architects to convey infrastructure requirements, plan, and schedule deployment of tasks, and resolve any issues that impact the deployment of the Application delivery systems.
- The role will include systems and solution design within the existing architecture, as well as design/implementation of improvements to meet business needs.
- 70% DevOps Engineer, implementing projects on the cloud using cloud solutions
- 30% - Design and Development of tasks supporting application teams on the migration projects
- Guiding platform engineering
- Guide teams with DevOps best practices, including improved scalability, performance, reliability, and speed to market
- Provide guidance in technical design, and plan team activities and providing direction to team members
- Guiding Infrastructure engineering teams to drive new technologies into the stack that provide tangible value to our business and consumers
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.