What This Position Is All About:
Designing highly creative & visually appealing digital ads, banners & dynamic creatives for Saks Fifth Avenue. This role requires strong design skills for a wide range of marketing and promotional materials including digital advertising, website creatives, promotional print materials, social media posts (Facebook & Instagram) and other channels. Graphic Designers, under the guidance of the Sr. Design Managers, play an integral role in consistently and cohesively executing creative direction across several channels and assets in a timely fashion.
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving and utilizing limited resources to maximum capacity
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, work independently and in a team environment
- Professional individual with a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Positive, high–energy, customer-service obsessed attitude
- Eagerness to take on new projects, learn new skills, gain knowledge and build experience
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to draw business requirements from users and translate to process and system solutions
As a Graphic Designer on the creative team, you will:
- Develop effective graphics for various marketing channels of Saks Fifth Avenue
- Ideate & Execute animations and other high-performing advertising effects consistently and effectively
- Follow creative direction ensuring integrity of creative concept is kept in focus throughout
- Ensure proper sign off process-proofreads and verify content & specs for all projects assigned.
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field of design and be familiar with industry marketing programs.
You also have:
- A degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Strong understanding of layout and design in the digital space
- Experience in designing display ads and social media assets
- Skills in creating animations/gifs in Photoshop and/or After Effects
- 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design in a marketing environment.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital environment - - including files, formats and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac platform.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from Marketing to IT & Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.