What This Position Is All About:
The successful candidate will primarily focus on driving business results through the development and execution of world class analytics designed to meet evolving business needs. He/she will support HBC’s strategies through the delivery of best of breed campaign management, measurement of all-channel and cross banner marketing promotions, the extraction of key analytical insights and by providing customer centric recommendations. The scope of work spans across the saks.com business channel. The ability to think strategically about customer and business challenges and proactively propose solutions will be critical to their success. Forward thinking is the key to this role as new technologies and opportunities present themselves.
Who You Are:
Below is a list of the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities performed by this position.
% of Time
- Serve as Analytics point person for Marketing Technology teams and Media teams
- Own Marketing & Merchandising performance reporting across the organization using Adobe Analytics and other tools available to the teams
- Answer key business questions through statistical analyses, reporting and dashboards using analytics tool sets available to the teams (SAS, R, Excel, Adobe Analytics)
- Serve as key contact for Media team analytics and reporting requests and ensure seamless media tracking with process improvements
- Support Marketing and Media Measurement efforts on an as needed basis
- Prepare executive-ready presentations summarizing findings and recommendations
- Build and automate reports and dashboards that the organization finds valuable
- Run all business aspects of Adobe Analytics including training documentation for CRM / Web Analytics tools to drive adoption and self-serve analytics
- Use clickstream, user behavior, and conversion patterns to identify potential issues in near real time and aid pro-active issue resolution with tech partners
- Cross-functional business support for any Adobe Analytics questions
- Partner with marketing and merchandising teams as required on defect remediation, tracking issues and new tracking requests / analyses and reporting
- Support on-site A/B testing strategies as required
- Lead as-needed training to the wider organization on the tools we manage
- Keep up to date with Web Analytics, Digital Measurement and Ad tech best practices, announcements, and industry research. Lead as-needed training on use of Adobe Analytics.
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field like Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing analytics or database marketing.
- 2+ years’ experience working with web analytics packages (e.g. Adobe Analytics), and with various marketing channels to scope and implement their technical tracking requirements (pixels, URL tracking, etc)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to code macros in VBA a plus.
- Proven ability to apply findings to business problems to lift revenue and profits.
- Knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics)
Strong marketing acumen. Understanding of MMM, MTA a plus
As the Analyst, you will:
Strategic Thinking - Think strategically by clearly anticipating future trends and consequences. Create clear and compelling business plan and communicate effectively to cross-functional partners.
Drive for Results - Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognizes the key actions necessary to achieve results, establishes and communicates the priorities to supervisor, demonstrates persistence in removing barriers to achieving results, and encourages others to do the same.
Business Acumen - Leverages business judgment to shape strategy, based on understanding of operational, financial, and organizational requirements and capabilities.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.