What This Position is All About:
The Senior Manager is a seasoned professional who will drive engineering practices, reliability and stability related initiatives for HBC. He/She is expected to lead a team of highly skilled professional to automate tasks, optimize infrastructure and evaluate & implement self-healing solutions.
Who You Are:
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including and new and novel ideas
- Comfortable with change and challenging convention.
- Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
- Build Morale and spirit of the team, Shares wins and success.
- Inspire & motivate entire organizations; a people builder who's focused on bringing the best performance & potential in others
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and creative thinker, proactive solution-oriented approach.
You Also Have:
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and guide an engineering team of top notch infrastructure engineers
- Help team to write optimized codes & architect and design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions using organization standard tools for monitoring and automation
- Evangelize and contribute to best practices in library usage and end-to-end architecture
- Create clear career paths for team members & mentoring them
- Foster relentless improvement and be a beacon of excellence for our five cloud pillars of trust: Security, Availability, Performance, Compliance, and Cost
- Provide solutions to multiple teams by identifying and addressing patterns in infrastructure and applications
- Drive major projects or initiatives through to completion
- Drive exceptional performance and collaborate with other teams on unclear interfaces amidst the rapidly evolving organizational activities
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment
- Acts in the capacity of final level in-house support, a mentor to junior staff providing guidance and technical expertise and as technical consultant to other departments within Information Services
As a Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering & Operations, You Will:
- 12+ years of experience working in global organizations with the ability to communicate with CXOs
- 6+ years of experience managing Engineering/Operations teams
- 4+ years of experience working on cloud, monitoring & logging, automation
- A deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set- up; expertise in managing large & complex systems.
- Expert level knowledge of infrastructure engineering practices, tools and processes
- Ability to engage with global stakeholders and drive the CTO vision forward
- Expert level knowledge of Azure/AWS cloud platforms and architecture practices
- Broad cloud networking and security knowledge and experience including, but not limited to, VPCs, Security Groups and Direct Connect
- Very good knowledge of automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with ticketing tools like Jira, Cherwell, etc. and monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK, Nagios, SolarWinds, etc.
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata, DB2, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows based environment (data center and end user devices)
- Financial management of budgets, both capital and operational expenses
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certifications in AWS/Azure, Microsoft, RedHat, and knowledge of ITIL/MOF practices
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.